Sunday, October 23, 2011

Rainy Day Progress Report








It has been raining for about 5 days straight...ugh!...so I have been spending my time working in my studio...yeah!...I am so excited to see the progress on my quilt in a quilt "Helping Hands".

Thanks to my friend Roberta, I have plenty of muted 1.5 in squares which I am using for my background.

I am saving the hardest part, the quilt, for last. This will be hard because I have to sew the design in at different angles to make it look like it is draped over her legs. The simplest way would be to cut designs and fuse them down, but I would like to see if I can piece like a real quilt. This would give it added dimension. But not sure if it is doable.

How do you like my helping friends? They still need some more work to make them a little less cartoonish.

Stay tuned as I progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment